Sunday, May 4, 2014

Stay strong.... End in sight

I am so excited. I only have six more radiation treatments. My skin is red and raw and I can't wear anything tight or it aggravates the area. I keep applying the ointments the doctor has recommended. 
But I realized that the little things that have helped me get through every day. I listen to music as I get radiated Mondag through Friday and I realize how much music is calming and a form of therapy. 
I also am grateful for my rides to my treatments. After working all day I am so tired and so my mom or Joey will drive me to St. Marks every day. They realized I had an inner ear infection last week which has added to my dizziness. 
The hardest thing is not being home to take care of the house and kids after school. And I have to think about dinner at 7 am so that I don't have to figure it out after I get home from radiation. 
I am beyond thrilled that this stage is nearing an end. I am tired of being tired and sick. My hair is growing back fast and I have some gray hairs. Cancer gave me gray hair! 
For those of you that haven't seen the recent dove video that focuses on breast cancer it might be worth your time. It helped me refocus and to readjust how I view my battle wounds. 

http://www.today.com/video/today/55080718/

My mother-in-law and mom wrote the following after watching the video:

I have been touched the past few weeks with the opportunity to strengthen others from this experience. I am so grateful for that opportunity. It is a blessing that others can find strength from the trials we go through.





No comments:

Post a Comment