Monday, December 16, 2013

A cups vs C cups

So today was the next appointment for the expansion. Actually we were supposed to have it done by a nurse on Friday, but she didn't feel comfortable with how the skin was healing in the left side and so we held off until today to meet with the doctor.... And we didn't get good news.
Because my incision wasn't healed before we started chemotherapy the skin is having a hard time repairing itself. So by this point I would be well in my way to reconstruction, but without the white blood cells in my body I am not healing fast enough. So my options are to wait and see if overtime it will eventually heal, but hopefully avoid infection during that time. The downside to this is that there will be limited time to expand after chemo if we begin radiation. So I would stay an A cup. 
The other alternative is to do an outpatient surgery in between chemo treatments and hope that my white blood cell counts are up in that day. Thus would allow the surgeon to take out all of the skin that isn't healing and that looks infected. He would then restitch things up and we would hopefully have efficient healing with enough time to expand. 
I guess at this point I don't care so much about size and boobs!! They are the enemy! But yet I want to feel normal when this is all done. So the plan is to do the outpatient surgery on December 30th. And then I have a few days to heal before my chemo in January 2nd. 

No comments:

Post a Comment