Thursday, December 12, 2013

Be Brave

Tonight my high school bestie invited me to her studio. Off to Bountiful School of Ballet to see Megan. This is us at our 20 year reunion with Sally!! 
Her students had a dance they have been learning for a few weeks that they were dedicating to me. And to other survivors and loved ones fighting cancer. They were dancing on point to Brave by Sara Barellis. And it was choreographed by my dance teacher from when I was a young girl... Sharon Day. And they girls were beautiful and their souls told me through their dance to be brave. These girls wearing their breast cancer "Fight like a Girl" and giving their love and support through their talent.  
And then I ran into my other mom in high school, Kate. And then I saw my coach that worked with me for five years while I was the cheer advisor at Davis High, Shelley.... And the tears just couldn't be held back. 
I am just in awe at the love and support I feel from our community and from friends who will always have a special place in my heart. Thank you to these ladies and my friends for reminding me to Be Brave!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you're doing okay. Would love to talk to you sometime. Be BRAVE!
    ~Savanna Shopay, Class of 2011

    ReplyDelete