Monday, December 30, 2013

Numb Boobs :)

I was dreading today. My incision on the left side has not been healing well and the plan was to cut out the area that hasn't healed and restitch that area. I felt very nervous because they were doing it in the office and I was NOT going to be put under. I was freaking out!
Well I can tell you that I have absolutely no feeling in my boobs.... I have numb boobs! I was getting ready for the lidocaine shot and Joey said he just started slicing away and I didn't feel a thing! Nothing! Maybe some tugging while he was stitching me up. He cut about five inches in either side of the gross, green, scabby skin and Joey said he was shocked I couldn't feel a thing. He said he could see the expander bag and that I was just bleeding.... He said it was quite the trip. 
It will take a little longer to heal because of my chemo, but I can be patient. And healing from this should be easy since I have no nerves there. No lifting and antibiotics for a few weeks and we hope for great healing despite the chemo. I guess I am grateful for my numb boobs! 
The left side expander has now shifted more into my armpit and is very uncomfortable and creates a very odd shape. I call it my alien boob! The dr said they don't worry about that until final reconstruction. So I have a numb, alien boob until next fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment