Monday, December 16, 2013

Bald and Beautiful

Shaving my head a few weeks ago was challenging but nothing compared to having Joey shave me bald. My hair was falling out in chunks and then I had remaining pieces that looked so odd. So he very gently took care of my head. 
He used his shaving brush and with each shaving stroke he kissed my bald head. It was a very intimate moment that is hard to describe in words. But it was just the two of us in that moment. 
The tears were inevitable. I felt ugly and was worried that it just might never grow back. Joey continued to kiss me and remind me of my beauty. But I absolutely look like a cancer patient now. And my head is always cold! It will take about three months after chemo until my hair will start to grow back in..... So until summer this is me!

No comments:

Post a Comment