Friday, September 27, 2013

Music touches us all

Our kids love music. Of course if you know Greyden and Gage you know that music is at their core. And Mikayla is much the same. She sometimes can't express her emotions verbally as well as a song can say things for her. So she had me listen to Martina McBride's song. 
What a powerful song! And the video is even stronger. The first time she played it I was driving on the freeway and the song starts out with a 38 year old mom of 3 young kids that gets the news from her doctor that she has cancer. I was struggling to see the lanes on the freeway as the tears spilled down my cheeks. But the message is powerful: I can be BRAVE because my loved ones, my friends, my neighbors.... They are going to love me through this!
Watch her video here:

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Mikayla. Powerful song and video! Love you guys so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you. And I love all your songs you have sent me Scott!

    ReplyDelete