Monday, September 30, 2013

Pulling at my heart strings. . . . .

Bountiful High School has a daycare facility onsite where educators can bring their children while they teach.  I love these cute kids.  My kids are grown and so I don't have any kids in the daycare, but I do have a window in my classroom that looks out over the playground where they play during the day.  Sometimes I throw candy out my window to the kids!  And often when the kids are on walks around the school they will stop by my classroom and get a treat.  They brighten my day each time I see them.  It is awesome to be walking to the front office and see the kids in the hallway and have them run up to see you and give you a giant hug!
I usually can hold my emotions together while I am at work.  I try to stay strong and not cry.  But last week I lost it as the daycare kids came into my classroom carrying pictures that they had drawn for me. . .  Get well cards!! They each gave me a hug and told me to get better.  I couldn't talk for fear of my voice cracking and tears flowing.  They don't know what is wrong, only that I am sick.  But they wanted to make me smile and to help me feel better.  I am so blessed to have these BRAVE little kids on my team!

2 comments: