Wednesday, November 20, 2013

"May the odds be ever in MY favor"

Tonight we had the opportunity to go see Catching Fire two nights before the release. Thank you to everyone who made this possible. Cindy Steed, Kym Smith, Michelle Ferrin, Krystal Hawker, Stefanie Sumsion.....thank you! And to my friends who I saw I'm sport I didn't linger to talk because I just didn't want to talk about cancer tonight, but it cheered my heart to see you and feel your love. I needed to be out of the house and distracted AND I needed my family. Thanks for coming Mom, Joey, Gage and crew, Mikayla, Dallas, and Savy! 
The night was not quite what I expected. I envisioned a quiet dinner, winning a prize, watching the movie and going home to bed. Sometimes plans change and instead we find ourselves as a family sitting in the parked car in the garage after the movie and crying as you express your love. 
I wanted to watch the movie and just get caught up in the story and forget for one night what is happening tomorrow. And then I watched these characters on screen care about their loved ones. Their desire to ensure that their loved one lived far outweighed their own desire to fight at times. I couldn't help but think of my loved ones who want to protect me and save me. At one point during the movie Dallas had to run to the restroom and as he passed by me he grabbed my hand and started to squeeze it and didn't let go until he had walked past my mom. And I couldn't help sobbing right there in the movie theater. I feel their love and protection and yet they can only protect me from so much and so I feel their helplessness. As the night had comes to a close I feel comfort and fear at the same time. I feel nervous and anxious. "May the odds be ever in MY favor!"





No comments:

Post a Comment