Thursday, January 23, 2014

Bowling

Let me clear up front.... I suck at bowling. Well if I have the gutter guards up I do okay, but make me bowl like an adult and it is a miserable sight. My mom has been in a bowling league for years with many of her good friends. Some of those friends have had their daughters join them.... Not mine! She knows my skill ability and wouldn't want to throw her team under the bus! In reality I work during her league team and I'm sure I would be invited, but it makes this blog more exciting to add snow credibility to my lack of talent, luck, or athleticism in the bowling alley. 
With the facts established now I can tell you that I LOVE bowling. My high school bestie owns Orchard Lanes and I love doing family activities there and pretending like I'm a pro! 
Last spring Joey sold Moe and MiKell's home for them and they had a garage sale before the move. The night before the public garage sale we raided the garage looking for any finds that we wanted to take before the public had their opportunity and we found the greatest things ever: Joey found his Grandpa's bowling shoes and bowling ball. And I found MiKell's. And we were so excited to become pros at the alley. But cancer made it so I couldn't go bowling until after the expanders come out and I have healed. So my dreams have been deferred and now I have to live through my husband! Last week his office went bowling for a weekly meeting/activity. And he wore the shoes and used the ball! And I was so happy! He may not be the master that his grandpa was but he looked mighty hot! 
Sometimes instead of looking at what we can't do for over a year because of minor setbacks we put our own selfish desires aside and just enjoy watching those you love live life. And do you know what? It actually makes you even happier than if you had done it yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment