Monday, January 27, 2014

Baby steps

One of all time favorite movies has to be What about Bob? Although I watch it for the humor it does have a message that when we need to do hard things that seem overwhelming sometimes we just have to take the first baby steps. Sometimes you just want to hide under a rock. 
It has been a rough couple of days but every day you get up and put a smile on and face your challenges. The hope is if you take things one step at a time you can manage and not only survive, but you will be victorious. 
Today was my next appointment with the plastic surgeon. My anticipation was that they would be removing the stitches that I have had since Dec 30!! But only one stitch was healed enough to come out. But on the positive side I didn't feel anything! And then they said the other stitches would stay in for awhile longer.... Boo! 
But I did get to up my alien boobs with 50 cc's in each side. The positive is that I don't have deflated, lumpy expanders now. The negative is that my torso feels like I have two rocks sitting on my chest and where the nerves are reconnecting I get sharp pains. This is coupled with low blood pressure today and a bad chemo day. But I still have to look at the positives. 
My mom room me to Kneaders on our way home from Huntsman and the French toast tasted amazing!! And when I got home I fell asleep for 3 hours!! My body so needed that! And then my sweet neighbor and friend, Lesley, brought in deli sandwiches from Leger's Deli so I don't have to worry about dinner. 
Sometimes when you hit a slump it is hard to pull yourself back into happiness. I'm not sure that there is an easy answer other than to take baby steps and try to refocus on the positives. 
I saw this quote on my first dance teachers Facebook page today and it just helped me put things in perspective. Thank you Merlyn...
I love life! And I am grateful for the positive things in my life. I am going to continue to seek out the sunshine and maybe if I just keep putting a smile on my face I won't feel so gloomy. 


1 comment:

  1. I so needed to hear this. Thanks, Lisa. Especially the quote by President Hinckley--I'm going to repost it. It's perfection. Thanks for being inspiring!

    ReplyDelete