Thursday, January 23, 2014

Precious Baby

Our anniversary is just around the corner. We are trying to build memories together that we have missed along the way. A baby is an experience that isn't on the table so instead we practice having a baby and instead of getting a human baby we found a puppy to raise together. What an awesome anniversary present and awesome bedmate on bad chemo days to brighten my days and nights!
We spent a few nights talking about our favorite dogs that we have had. Bailey is my yorkie and she is a sweetheart. (This is Bailey)
And so we decided on another yorkie. We found a teacup yorkie and brought her home Tuesday evening. (This is Dixie)
She is 8 weeks old and weighs almost 2 lbs. She is SO fun. We have named her Dixie. She fits in a Dixie cup! And it just fit her. She is our baby. This means we feed her three times a day with soft food. We love and snuggle with her. She cries during the night and keeps us awake. She gives the best kisses and the best snuggles. She is stinking adorable. She has Joey wrapped around her paw already. He was holding her on his chest as he was falling asleep and I went to put her in her crate and he said not to take her until he was asleep. Cassie was over at the house and heard him downstairs talking to the dogs and he was using his baby talk. She said, "Who is that talking?" And she was shocked when she found out it was her dad!!
And she has already firmed up a spot in my heart! She is my new baby and I love her. 

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive." ~Gilda Radner

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face." ~Ben Williams

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." ~Roger Caras

"Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies." ~Gene Hill

2 comments:

  1. She is so adorable. I love that you are doing this. It's so sweet. Dixie is so adorable, I couldn't believe how she snuggled up to me. I love her coloring and her curly hair. Try a warmed rice bag at night for her to snuggle up too, maybe it will help with the crying. The pups at my house love snuggling up together with one. You know I'm going to have to come see her again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm laughing out loud... because Ken and I actually got a puppy almost 3 years ago now. "Sofi" is our baby too... we spoil her rotten... she sleeps with us... we make her food and freeze it. But she is so loving and healing... her favorite spot is curled up on my shoulder. You will love having such a precious little girl to nurture and in turn she will nurture you and help you heal.

    ReplyDelete