Thursday, January 23, 2014

Weekend Getaway makes me Happy!

This past weekend the stars aligned:
We had no children all weekend.
It was a high immunity time for me.
We had a place to stay for free in St. George.
We had a dog sitter.
And we had the desire!!

We had a chance to get out of the inversion and spend three days in almost 70 degree weather!! Love!! Joey had the chance to try out his new Christmas present, a road bike. I took the opportunity to check out a bakery! We spent time with Moe and MiKell shopping, eating and visiting. We got to see my sweet grandma and my sassy Aunt Charlene! 
Denver won! Sunday selfie:
And then we decided to celebrate the win we would swing down to Mesquite for a quick trip and we won!! We won more than I ever have on slots! Joey taught me how to play tables and we didn't lose! But no big wins! And then it was my turn to take him to play the slots. My cousins would agree that when you were old enough to go to Dover with grandma and grandpa you went because even if you didn't win you always left with more money than you started with. You got to spend the day with them and talk for the whole drive. And so I became an occasional gamer! Joey wasn't convinced he would have fun, but I did it! He had a blast. 
Our weekend was amazing and I fell in love even more with my amazing man. And I love the 80 mph law on I-15!!
Sometimes you have to take these opportunities to fall deeper in love and make more memories. I am so thankful that I have him in my life! He makes me happy!

1 comment: