Sunday, October 6, 2013

Build a BRAVE bear!

Have you seen the recent animated movie "Brave"? The story is about a young girl who through determination creates her own path in life. She is unconventional and tends to not confirm to the social norms in her kingdom. Her actions bring about consequences that force her to rely on her bravery. 

This princess states in the movie, " There are those who say fate is something beyond our command. ... That our destiny is not our own, but I know better. Our fate lives within us, you only have to be brave enough to see it." So is my fate to have cancer? I think not! My fate is to become brave and learn something through this journey. 

Friday night Mikayla had a birthday party for one of her friends. They went to dinner at Fashion Place and then shopping. These high school girls were so thoughtful and unselfish as they took time during their evening to go to Build-a-bear and bought me a bear and decked her out in pink and told me it was my Chemo Bear! They named it Merida from the movie. How perfect for my motivation to stay Brave!

Merida says, "Some say our destiny is tied to the land, as much a part of us as we are of it. Others say fate is woven together like a cloth, so that one's destiny intertwines with many others."
I often lament that my kids have to go through this journey, but there is also overwhelming comfort knowing that my life intertwines with others who are here to support me and lend me their courage- I need that support! What will my fate be in this journey? This doesn't seem to be the focus now. Instead I look at the support and love and I will try to find the positives as I venture on this road.

No comments:

Post a Comment