Sunday, October 13, 2013

Let's fight!

I am ready to climb in the ring with my new boxing gloves. Thank you to Joey's office, Bountiful Prudential, for covering these pink boxing gloves with messages of love and support. How freaking cute are those? It made me stop and think about what makes a boxer so BRAVE....

A boxer knows that when they climb in the ring they will have to fight. They know that they will hurt. They know that they will bleed. They know that they will get tired. They know they might end up against the ropes. And more importantly they do NOT know if they will win the fight, but none of those things stop them from fighting their hardest.

I'm not sure that I'm ready to climb in the ring. I don't want to hurt. I don't want to bleed. I don't want to be tired. And I'm sure that I will feel like I'm up against the ropes. So what can I learn from boxing? What keeps them going? They have a coach in their corner helping them along, giving them water, wiping down the wounds and healing their injuries. They have fans cheering them on to Victory!!
I have the greatest fans and coaches anyone could ask for. So ready or not I will climb into the ring and battle my worst opponent. I will get knocked down and you guys will be there to help me get up again. 

"If there's magic in boxing, it's the magic of fighting battles beyond endurance, beyond cracked ribs, ruptured kidneys and detached retinas. It's the magic of risking everything for a dream that nobody sees but you." - Million Dollar Baby

Risking everything? You have to have faith that by risking big you will gain big rewards.  Joey and I have decided to fight aggressively. I could elect a single mastectomy and hope that the other side remains untouched. But we are risking it all and taking the advice if doctors and loved ones and removing any and all tissue that could be a host for breast cancer. 
Chemotherapy is a big risk. Chemo kills almost all the cells in your body. This includes good and bad cells. This is a big risk, but we know the doctors watch you closely from the corner of the ring. 

My dream .... Cancer Survivor.... Cancer Free...... To get into the ring and fight this battle through the pain. I know that I won't exit the boxing ring without scars and pain, but with my support crew I know that I will exit the ring victoriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment