Sunday, October 13, 2013

Zombies

Every day I am overwhelmed with love and support from family and friends. I was so touched to get these photos from a dear friend who just supported the "Night of the Running Dead". This is a zombie/human 5k that supports the Huntsman Cancer Institute. 
I want to mention that I am the worst when it comes to putting money in a jar on a counter for someone suffering from cancer. I don't add that extra dollar to my grocery bill when I check out to help organizations.... And you won't see me running to help cancer victims. I'm not Brave enough to run to the corner let alone a 5k with zombies chasing me. And I have been selfish in my life and have kept my extra dollars close.... Something like getting cancer makes you think twice about those that plan events like this that benefit me and others like me and for those who put themselves out there to support these organizations. 
I do believe in supporting the Huntsman Cancer Institute. They have been amazing. They offer counseling for family members and the patient. They have therapy services such as acupuncture and hypnosis to help patients with pain. They offer valet parking for patients.... You should see how fast those valet boys run. My experience so far has only been for a month and I know that I have a whole year ahead of me, but I have been SO impressed in my half a dozens visits so far.
Sophie Reece took her two kids, Izabelle and Kolby spent their Saturday night running for cancer. Sophie and Tony are two of our favorite people. They both work with Joey at Prudential. We have enjoyed spending many date nights with them. They are truly some of the kindest, most genuine individuals you will ever meet. Joey told me the other night how he respects how dedicated to their children they are and how that clearly shows by how respectful and successful they children are. And this is shown by them giving up a Saturday night to run for cancer! They dressed up like zombies and waited until the "humans" started running and two minutes later the "undead" pursue them. How fun!!!  All proceeds from the 5k support the Huntsman Cancer Foundation.
Thank you for showing your support of our family. And while you are attacking humans I will focus on attacking this cancer. We love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment