Sunday, October 6, 2013

Just be Brave. . . .Just be Brave

This is the blog entry I was dreading. .  ..  .
And this is the day I was dreading. . . .
But I had to do it and just get it done.

So Saturday I called my sweet Tori who makes my eyelashes look amazing and told her I needed her to cut my hair so that I could mail it in for a wig.  Huntsman Cancer gave me a pamphlet that offered a wig made out of my own hair.  Of course I would take this opportunity.  I have been growing my hair out for SO long.  I even had my days when Kaliee would sew long hair extensions in so that I could have long hair.  Have you ever had hair extensions?  It is a painful process. . . .or maybe it is just that Kaliee is super strong, but my scalp would hurt for days after I had my extensions tightened.  But it was all worth it.  I loved my long hair.  Most blogs recommend cutting your hair before you start to lose it so that emotionally it isn't as catastrophic.

Joey loves my hair. And even if he doesn't he is telling me everything that I need to hear right now.  It is so crazy that I still have a hair rubber band around my wrist for my ponytail . . . .
It is gone and it is done.  I was BRAVE.  Tori was BRAVE. (I thought she might lose it!) But we kept the conversation light and before I knew it I was a mom with a HOT pixie cut! Thank you to my family and friends who have been reassuring me and I will get used to it eventually.  Of course by then it will be gone, but it was liberating to be bold and BRAVE!

5 comments:

  1. I love love love the new 'do, Lisa! You're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOLD...BRAVE...and BEAUTIFUL. I love your new do... it adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I get the obsession with long hair... It's almost silly, really. Ice had extensions in and out for 13 years! I feel like Sampson, stronger with them - somehow. But look at you! You are every but as stunning with a short do! Own it, you're beautiful both ways! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Lisa, you look gorgeous!! You totally rock the pixie cut! What a great idea. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. It is still hard to style my short hair, but when I feel like I need a pick me up. . . I'll read your comments.

    ReplyDelete