Sunday, October 6, 2013

Have I done any good in the world today?

Daily I have others thinking of me and trying to cheer me up and ease my worries. It makes me think of the lyrics to a church hymn. Thank you to those who have lightened my burdens. Thank you for cheering me up when I feel sad. To God each of your efforts is known. And my gratitude cannot be expressed in words. 

This was a cd given to me with some amazing sugar cookies. Thank you Anjanette. Song 3 is amazing. And thank you for loving my Kayla and my Savy!
Laila.... You may be all the way in Boise but it was so fun to get a package in the mail. I appreciate your phone calls and texts and I love you dearly. We have that teacher bond and I am so grateful to have you as a mom! The ring reminds me that you are behind me even though distance is there! And I love the quote from the book that you mentioned:
I will refer to that often when I start to doubt. Thank you for your kindness. 


After a long week this bouquet of fruit from Tyler and Brenda was so kind and thoughtful. The fact that it was instigated by a high schooler shows what an amazing young man you have raised. 


Our students down the hall made me get well cards. I love these kids. They say hi whenever they walk by my room. If I have music on they stop by and dance... Especially if Julissa hears Justin Bieber! And Stephen always gives me bones and has a smile. And Russell brings me my mail from the office. And they clean my desks during my prep. Michelle, I love your students and they inspire me!

And Mom and Dad bought me an iPad mini with a pink cover to entertain me through the doctor appointments and chemo treatments. And of course so I could play "Words with Friends" against my mom. Thank you! I love you!

So don't misinterpret this blog.... I'm not looking for more people to do things for me. But rather to make each of us look around us to see if there is someone that we can cheer up! Have you done any good in the world today?


“223: Have I Done Any Good?,” Hymns of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, no. 223


Have I done any good in the world today?
Have I helped anyone in need?
Have I cheered up the sad and made someone feel glad?
If not, I have failed indeed.
Has anyone’s burden been lighter today
Because I was willing to share?
Have the sick and the weary been helped on their way?
When they needed my help was I there?

[Chorus]
Then wake up and do something more
Than dream of your mansion above.
Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure,
A blessing of duty and love.

There are chances for work all around just now,
Opportunities right in our way.
Do not let them pass by, saying, “Sometime I’ll try,”
But go and do something today.
’Tis noble of man to work and to give;
Love’s labor has merit alone.
Only he who does something helps others to live.
To God each good work will be known.


No comments:

Post a Comment