Sunday, October 20, 2013

Time to Growl

Tensions and emotions are raw today in our house. Everyone is a little edgy and the emotions and bubbling under the surface. I bit Joey's head off while I was helping him find his suit this morning. 
Our kids were whiny... And we just needed peace.
 
Then we went to Bridger's homecoming from his LDS mission. His first experience in the mission field was with a grouchy lady who "growled" at them! Turns out that she was a librarian and would accept any book and they left her with a book and she growled them away until after the holidays. When Bridger returned a few weeks later she was smiling and her whole demeanor had changed.
What made her happy?
She had the Spirit in her life. She was praying and trusting in the concept of faith. She was trying to be more like Christ. 
Regardless of religious preference we can all look at this in our daily lives. When we are grouchy what helps us the most? Diet Coke, chocolate, a vacation, a massage.... These help for every day. But what about the big things in our lives: illness, death, financial struggles. A Diet Coke doesn't always do the trick. We need faith. We need to pray. We need to rely in Heavenly Father. 
I realized that as Bridger talked I was not my best self this morning. And I'm sure I have been tense all day. I can't  be perfect all the time but I need to do the best I can. 
And then my thoughts turned to Jesus Christ. 
He suffered all the pain we would go through in the garden. He knows the pain I will have right now. He knows what I am going to go through tomorrow. And for the next year. He has done this! He is there for me. I am not alone. I am so grateful for my Savior. When I start to growl I need to think about his suffering.

Jill wanted me to save the tata's, but they are gone tomorrow! Actually I love this cup. I'm edgy and I do like the saying. Think about if I hadn't found this lump....get your mammograms girls!

More importantly she knows the sport fanatic in me... So this fits on so many levels.... Go Boston! Be Brave! Bye Boobs! Thank you Jill! I love that you are my sister.
Angela made sure I was ready for the hospital stay. And on top of that I know that she will be watching my classroom. It is so nice to be reassured that things will be taken care of. Thank you Ang! I love you.
Aunt Margaret and Katie Joe came down to visit. And look at this stinkin cute quilt she made for me. Perfect for my recovery, but perfect for my life! She is so talented. And she knows how to be Brave through hard surgeries. She is an inspiration to me. And Katie is such an amazing, Brave mom.... Your kids are adorable and you have so many!!!!


Scott and Holly know exactly the things I crave. I will not run out of lemon drops. I love you. 

And I love the bracelet Holly. I put it on and Dallas told me that I couldn't wear it yet!! He said I had to wait until after. I told him that I survived a C-section with him and that made me a survivor already! I love it and I will survive! You are so great to me. You really are my truest sister and have been for years. I can tell you anything and ask you for anything. Thank you. I love you. 
I've got my essentials packed: my robe, iPad and laptop. Lip gloss, hand sanitizer, pillows for my armpits, lanyards for the drains, eyemask so I can sleep during the day. I'm going to watch Dvd's and read books:
Thank you for the books Danna. Hopefully I can stay awake long enough to read them. My department head graded all my timed writings for me. I was overwhelmed with texts and phone calls of support. My day of growling turned into shame for forgetting how lucky I am to have such a loving support network.
Joey drew a bubble bath for me to relax and now I won't growl anymore. Unless I do a cute growl.... My niece Amelia sent me an audio file of a story and at the end it has her growling as a tiger... A cute, friendly growl that was accompanied with an "I Love You"! So let me just say before I go to bed I love all of you and thank you for your support and prayers and positive thoughts. Joey and Holly will update tomorrow. Now I will release my sense of control over my home and family and allow my faith to step in......


4 comments:

  1. Lisa! You are amazing! i will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I will take prayers. . . . now I better get some sleep! Big day ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, You have gron into ome of the most inspiring women I know. I read your posts and I think... WOW... this girl I used to know has blossomed into a beautiful woman. She know who she is... and whose she is. You are in my prayers today... Being BRAVE isn't for wimps. You are truly BRAVE...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been with you constantly in my thoughts and prayers. Everyone loves you.

    ReplyDelete