Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Christmas in October


Is it Christmas already? I had a phone call from my holiday light company saying they wanted to make an appointment to put the lights on the house. I wanted to tell them no and tell them that we weren't going to have Christmas this year. How silly is that? It is like there is this part of me that wants to hide from the world and just fast forward to when it is all over. 
And then I realized that I need to keep things feeling as normal as possible for our kids. I bought the candy for the trick or treaters! Joey made arrangements for us to go to Boise for Thanksgiving to spend it with his dad and Tata. And yes- the lights will go up on the house. I need to not stop living life while fighting this fight.
And Joey made it a little easier by giving me some new pjs and headphones for the hospital. 

My mom went shopping and thought about all the times we loaded up in our car and went to Crossroads Mall to blow some money. We loved hitting Nordstroms and ZCMI! That makes me think of the Tiffin Room. I loved going there after a hard day of shopping. Those times seemed so easy and so long ago.
My mom was doing retail therapy to cope! And I was the one benefitting!! Woo hoo! I got new pjs! 
And then she stopped at one of our favorite places... Western Nut! I told her a blog I was reading recommended having hard candies to suck on after surgery AND during chemo. She went a little overboard on the candies!
And the thing that can always brighten up a gloomy day......Chocolate!
So I may not have started the day feeling excited for the holidays, but I quickly changed my tune as I was humbled and grateful for my loved ones as they were thinking of me and spoiling me. 
So I might feel like hiding from the world today, but I need to keep going. A friend of my dad's emailed me today and reminded me that I need to just take it one day at a time. Dixie has actually gone through this and said you will have bad days.... But not all of them are bad! So I need to take small steps and just keep plodding ahead and not get ahead of myself. I still want to fast forward..... But unfortunately I have to fight this battle. So thanks to those that keep encouraging me! That is the greatest thing I can ask for.... Your support and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment