Sunday, October 6, 2013

Fight like a girl

Have you ever played soccer?  I remember one summer I wanted to play soccer because my two best friends, Kami and Tracy, were playing soccer.  I hated soccer.  I hated soccer because I found something that I was definitely NOT talented in and I was not cut out to be out on that field.  I tried to steer clear from the ball and I dreaded the few games that I played in. 
That is why I think Savy is super BRAVE.  Her competition soccer team is a group of girls that practice all summer, and play fall and spring.  They condition hard during Monday practices and have other practices throughout each week. 
And yet this particular team hasn't won one game this fall.  And guess what?  They keep showing up to practice and to games and they still try.  They still have smiles on their faces and they just keep running.  When I look at the Breast Cancer slogan, "Fight Like a Girl", this is what I think of.  You may not feel like you are winning, but you don't give up.  Girls fight with grace, poise and our course attitude.  And this first soccer game of October one of the soccer player's mom, and a dear friend of mine, bought hair ribbons for each girl on Savy's team to wear during their game.  The ribbon's said "Fight like a Girl".


 

And they didn't win their game, but these girls just don't give up.  How BRAVE is that?  You don't always know going into a battle if you will win, but that doesn't determine how hard you fight.  I am grateful for these girls and their example of how to fight with bravery.

No comments:

Post a Comment