Sunday, October 6, 2013

Friday night at the movies

After a long week we needed to forget for a few hours what we had on our plate. . .
So that is when you go to the movies to escape.
It didn't matter that the kids wanted to stay at home and play Xbox or computer. We forced them out of the house to escape with us!
And then we get to the movie theater and order popcorn and there was NO ESCAPE! Breast cancer awareness popcorn buckets? Are you kidding me?  I was trying to forget!


But the amazing thing is that everywhere you go in October you will find someone promoting this cause and the easy thing is that it takes no time at all to get a Mammogram.  And now that I am facing this challenge I am grateful for the money that goes towards research for Breast Cancer.  In fact, the day that I met with my surgeon a new drug was released for use by the FDA that we are discussing with our oncologist currently.  So instead of trying to hide from the pink ribbons this month I am embracing this cause.  I know that it takes a lot of BRAVE medical researchers to find new cures and this pink ribbon is proof that it works!

Here is the link for the new drug:
http://www.gene.com/media/press-releases/14548/2013-09-30/fda-grants-genentechs-perjeta-accelerate

No comments:

Post a Comment